On behalf of KPMG Nigeria and Defence Health Management Limited (DHML), Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) conducted a market feasibility study and development of a business plan for a 200-bed multispecialty hospital (Armed Forces Veteran Hospital) in Abuja, Nigeria. The feasibility study utilized a mixed research methodology approach including both qualitative and quantitative components. Findings from the study informed the development of both business and clinical strategy for the hospital
To provide high-end quality diagnostics and specialist healthcare services to military personnel and the general public reducing the need for medical tourism.
- To gain deeper insight into the market dynamics of the diagnostics industry in Nigeria
- Review of key findings with regards to market size, demand, and product pricing
- Recommend viable markets for entry based on the understanding of local market realities.
- Administered questionnaire to understand the market size, demand, product pricing
- Assessed the healthcare market to aid understanding of market trends, current market position, growth potential, demand and supply gaps (including factors responsible for medical tourism), and competitive forces
- Developed a model for operation, costing, manpower and technology/equipment
- Forecasted market size and growth rate for the hospital