In collaboration with the Government of Nigeria (GoN), PEPFAR/USAID investments have led to the achievement of significant progress in the fight against the HIV epidemic in Kebbi, Sokoto, and Zamfara. However, the 2018 Nigeria HIV/AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) showed that epidemic control targets are yet to be achieved. Further, this progress is threatened by development challenges: limited financial resources, insufficient use of data for decision making, weak coordination mechanism across all levels of government and insecurity. The Accelerating Control of HIV Epidemic (ACE) project provides USAID with the opportunity to support the GoN, civil society groups, and private sector actors in the cluster 3 focus states to close gaps in reaching control targets, address critical challenges in implementing their HIV response and accelerate progress towards sustainable epidemic control.
Job Title: PMTCT Advisor
Location: Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara.
Reporting: State Team Lead
The PMTCT Advisor will provide leadership in counseling and testing and PMTCT by developing and testing strategies to build capacity of local implementers; integrate mobile, fixed, provider-initiated (PITC) and integrated CT/PITC within a single national system; and to improve models for referring and managing positive clients into care, ART education, nutritional and OVC programs. S/he will also be responsible for the documentation and dissemination of promising and best practices in PMTCT/CT.
- Oversee PMTCT state programming and ensure that project objectives and targets are met.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and evaluation of PMTCT programs and projects.
- Provide leadership and consultation on all aspects of PMTCT program implementation and scale-up, including the development of policies and training materials.
- Independently research programmatic implementation of PMTCT activities including analyzing and summarizing the results and preparing and submitting progress reports.
- Assists in identifying, documenting, disseminating, and scaling up best practices in PMTCT.
- Responsible for the GBV activities in the state.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Master’s in public health or its equivalent, MBChB, MBBS, MD or their equivalent.
- Experience in implementing USAID grant
- At least 7 years’ experience in implementing HIV programs, with at least 3 years focused on PMTCT and linkages, including implementation of Early Infant Diagnosis and Final Outcome, follow up of lactating mothers and their partner’s.
- Experience in capacity building e.g. developing content, planning, and facilitating training and providing technical assistance.
- Excellent personal communication skills in written and verbal English
- Familiarity with adult learning principles/techniques and demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults.
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or Power Point applicable software related to position.
How to apply: Send a cover letter (no more than a page) and an updated CV in one document to [email protected], stating the advertised position as the subject of your email.
Application Closing Date: 22nd May, 2023.