HSCL is a public health and development consulting firm established by a team with extensive experience in international development and public health programming. We provide technical assistance for health system reforms towards access to cost-effective and quality health care across Nigeria and the continent of Africa. With a network of over 50 global partners and consultants, we develop programmes and provide sustainable solutions for a broad spectrum of health and development challenges.Project Background
The Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity is a five-year task order under the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Integrated Health Systems Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract. Banyan Global, the prime recipient of the contract, is responsible for the overall management of executing the task order. The HWM Activity supports the establishment of a cost-effective, well-trained, and motivated health workforce, particularly in the targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States, and in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
HSCL is the Grant Recipient to provide technical assistance for the provision of monitoring, evaluation, and Learning (MEL) support to the HWM Activity focus 4+1 States (Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, and Sokoto States and the FCT).Project Objectives
The HWM activity's objectives are to achieve the following intermediate results:
- IR 1 Strengthening the pre-service training learning environment and enhancing teaching faculties' capacity to deliver state-of-the-art and gender-sensitive curricula.
- IR 2 Building a robust human resources information system (HRIS) to keep track of recruitment, deployment, retention, and continuing education in both the public and private sector.
- IR 3 Strengthening governance and management of the health workforce, in particular targeting rural areas.
- IR 4 Conducting human resources for health (HRH) research to understand HRH practices and retention mechanisms.
- Support HRH MEL in her/his State, including routine collection, validation, and reporting of HWM indicator data as detailed in the HWM MEL Plan.
- Support the conduct of State-level implementation research for HWM.
- Track State-level implementation of recommendations and prioritized evidence-based strategies from the HWM HRH research conducted in Years 1 and 2.
- Support other State-level HWM project activities as required.
- Develop reports and ensure milestones and deliverables are met.
- Bachelor's degree in public health or health-related field.
- At least 3-5 years' monitoring, evaluation, and research experience in health projects, including experience participating in data collection, validation, and reporting.
- Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent report writing and communication/presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrate ability to produce high-quality reports and deliverables promptly.
Applicants should submit a copy of their CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject HWM MEL Officers Recruitment quoting the State you are applying for.
HSCL is an equal-opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity and does not discriminate based on any grounds. Females and physically challenged individuals are specifically encouraged to apply.Application Closing Date: February 13th, 2023