Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE)
Cluster 3: Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara States
TERMS OF REFERENCE
HSCL is a public health and development consulting firm established by a team with extensive experience in international development and public health programming. We provide technical assistance for health system reforms towards access to cost-effective and quality health care across Nigeria and the continent of Africa. With a network of over 50 global partners and consultants, we develop programmes and provide sustainable solutions for a broad spectrum of health and development challenges.
HSCL is registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (2009), the Tanzanian Registry of Companies (2014), the Office of Administration and registration in Sierra Leone (2015) and the Office of the Registration of Companies in Zambia (2016). HSCL has established offices in Nigeria, Tanzania and Sierra Leone and has also done work in several African countries including Cameroun, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Mauritius, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Zanzibar. In Nigeria, HSCL with it’s headquarters in Abuja, has offices in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Borno, and Lagos states.
In collaboration with the Government of Nigeria (GoN), PEPFAR/USAID investments have led to the achievement of significant progress in the fight against the HIV epidemic in Kebbi, Sokoto, and Zamfara. However, the 2018 Nigeria HIV/AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) showed that epidemic control targets are yet to be achieved. Further, this progress is threatened by development challenges: limited financial resources, insufficient use of data for decision making, weak coordination mechanism across all levels of government and insecurity. The Accelerating Control of HIV Epidemic (ACE) project provides USAID with the opportunity to support the GoN, civil society groups, and private sector actors in the cluster 3 focus states to close gaps in reaching control targets, address critical challenges in implementing their HIV response and accelerate progress towards sustainable epidemic control.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Director of Finance and Operations
The Director of Finance will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as the organisation continues to expand and build capacity. S/he will oversee the Finance Department and lead the development of sound financial management and accounting systems. S/he will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments.
Specifically, the Director of Finance will:
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks.
- Develop corporate fundraising strategies and manage relationships with partners/donors.
- Oversee the analysis and presentation of financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements, collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and manage all financial, project and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit and internal control processes.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning processes in conjunction with top-level management; administer and review all financial plans and budgets, monitor progress and changes.
- Oversee organisational cash flow and forecasting.
- Be constantly aware of the organization’s financial position and proactively devise measures to forestall problems.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management reporting system; ensure that the contract billing schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Oversee the organization’s finance IT system.
- Update and implement and ensure compliance with all necessary internal and external financial policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual as needed.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to stakeholders.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s directives.
Application Closing Date:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline.
- Professional certification such as CFA, ICAN, ACCA.
- A Master’s in Business Administration or a master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience as director of finance or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, financial regulations, and best practices.
- Proven knowledge of grants management.
- Experience working with international development partners.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Experience with financial auditing.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience using financial software.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding work ethic with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate openness to change and an ability to manage complexities in a fast-paced environment.
28th March 2022
How to apply
: Send a cover letter (no more than a page) and an updated CV in one document to [email protected]
, stating the advertised position as the subject of your email.