Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) provided support to National Agency for Control of AIDS (NACA), the HIV/AIDS division of the Federal Ministry of Health, National Tuberculosis & Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP) of the Federal Ministry of Health and the Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM) in Nigeria to prepare a joint concept note for HIV/AIDS and TB that will highlight the country’s high priority areas for the HIV and TB prevention and treatment needs for submission to the Global Fund.
The project involved the provision of technical lead consultants for the development of Global Fund proposals from 2009 to 2014 including NFM Concept note. Specifically, policy and strategy document reviews were done, and successful proposals developed which included implementation and coordination frameworks for all relevant modules including PSM as a sub-set of Health Systems Strengthening. The Supply Chain integration project was one of the key themes articulated into the concept note.
Technical support for the preparation of a joint concept note for HIV/AID and TB that will highlight the country’s high priority areas for the HIV and TB prevention and treatment needs.
- Support organization, facilitation, and preparation of summary tables for programmatic and financial gaps analysis workshop for a joint TB and HIV concept note that encompasses health systems
- Support preparation for writing, review, finalization, and submission to the Global Fund of a joint TB and HIV concept note for Nigeria that encompasses TB, HIV and health systems strengthening interventions
- Facilitate preparation of a consultancy report summarizing the concept note development process, lessons learned and future recommendations
- Developed tools and checklists to track progress in the preparation of the proposal
- Supported National Agency for Control of AIDS, National Tuberculosis & Leprosy Control Program, National AIDS & STDs Control Program, Country Coordinating Mechanism to facilitate gap analysis target to harmonize targets between TB and HIV programmes.
- And to coordinate concept note development and expanded teams
- Prepare final draft joint TB/HIV concept note, facilitate its review, endorsement, and submission to the Global Fund.